Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Speechless

Statements and questions to which I had no logical or smarty-pants responses last week…and only some of these were from my kids.

 I have to go outside because I need a stapler. (What other office supplies are we storing in the yard?)

We are the A-Team. (I really liked MacGyver a lot more.)

Did I mention that I am very famous? (If you have to mention it…)

I don’t know what I meant when I wrote this sentence, so can you tell me what I meant? (Biting tongue because you outrank me…)

How long does it take to destroy a light bulb? (I know you have to come up with a list of activities that take one second, one minute, and one hour…maybe you’ll get creative points for this one.)

I can’t eat dinner right now because I didn’t die yet. (I’ll make zombie food next time.)

If you had read the book you would have been able to tell me how to describe the character. (True, but you would only know if I was doing your homework correctly if you also read the book.)

We need a team of lateral thinkers. (Why did my eyes just move sideways like I was preparing to cross the street?)

If we start at 9 and end at 9:50 that will be 45 minutes. (Fuzzy math)

 I need to Google how to sleep. (Start by walking away from the computer.)

I might need to make you a new debit card because the expiration date stopped working. (I might need to find a bank that doesn’t mess up my life on a whim.)

This is a small, intentionally Christian college.  (Oh, I was looking for an accidentally Christian college.)


No comments:

Post a Comment