Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Week 1

Pardon my absence last Wednesday as I was preoccupied with Wyatt's arrival early that morning.  The Friday before that I attended a lunch during which one person recounted a story of working with a pregnant colleague, and during the time they worked together, he would periodically get distracted and comment to her "You're growing a human right now!  Wow!"  Indeed, wow.  

During the time that I was growing a human, I worried about a number of things - people's reaction to a mom of five who also works outside the home full time being near the top of the list - but I worried most about how Mackenzie would react to being replaced as the baby of the family so soon.  So far, so good.  In fact, she has taken on the role of big girl by giving up her pacifier, adding a couple of words to her vocabulary, and drinking from a regular cup all in the past seven days.  She is still taking a long afternoon nap, giving me time to study for my enrolled agent exams.

The rest of us are working on how to function efficiently as a unit.  For example, we have to load the car in a different order now, and so that means people have to be ready to go when it is their turn.  We have to work more on our menu planning to identify healthy choices that everyone will eat so that we don't waste food or time preparing multiple meals.  I'm all ears on suggestions for getting everyone to pitch in with the laundry.  We get it washed and dried, but rarely put away.

More words to come next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment