Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dragons

It's still Wednesday somewhere, right?  Maybe on that second earth they found earlier this week?  I won't bore you with the details of caring for a toddler who has been sick this week (lesson: might as well stick it out at CareNow for the 3.5 hour wait when the ear infection is first suspected or else your kid with a high tolerance for pain will go undiagnosed but cranky for a week).  Instead, my Wednesday Words for the week are to slow down and do something one on one with your kid every once in a while.  Hank really wanted to show me a YouTube video about dragons.  I figured it was a 4 minute Pokemon dragon something.  Oh no.  One hour and thirty-six minutes of quasi-documentary/infotainment that he saw once, memorized as gospel, and now needs to preach to the world.  It is a rare thing to have this almost eight year old beg to sit in my lap and watch something, so we did.  When I visited his school today, I saw that he used dragons as the topic for his weekly writing exercise too.  As I type, he's wearing his Spiderman costume and doing the play-by-play of a dragon battle that only he can see.  An hour and a half well spent to see inside that little guy's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment