Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pennies

There's really nothing better than a penny to a kid, right?  I used to collect pennies when I was little.  I had a book where I could store one from each year.  I also loved to save enough to be able to wrap them in the 50 penny rolls and trade them in at the bank for "bigger" money.  Just the right size for a small hand, a different color than the other coins, feeling rich if you have a whole bunch.

As we drove home tonight, Corda was admiring a penny.  She asked me many questions about where it came from, how many it would take to buy an airplane ticket to visit Grandma, and so on.  The conversation meandered to other topics.  Then I hear choking from the back row.  Oh yeah, the same girl who was calculating compound interest for her piggy bank just could not resist that shiny coin and decided to see what would happen if she tried to swallow it.  Fortunately it flew out and it was just a brief scare for both of us.  "Mom, can I get unbuckled?  My penny is on the floor!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment