Wednesday, October 1, 2014

New mom bucket list

Now that I have passed my enrolled agent exams and the bigger kids are all in school, little Wyatt and I have a few more days of mommy and me time with no commitments or obligations (at least between the hours of 8 and 4 each school day).  I go back to work in less than three weeks.  While it is lovely every once in a while to kick back and watch HGTV all day, we want to make good use of our remaining time together.  Besides that, one of the kids told me recently that I should really consider remodeling the kitchen so that it looks more like the ones on TV, so that was a sign that perhaps the Property Brothers need to be kicked out.

In between exams we have done several fun things.  We visited the Magnolia storefront in Waco (from the aforementioned HGTV's Fixer Upper show).  We accompanied Christopher on a work trip to Tulsa.  We walked around the Dallas Zoo a few times when it was not oppressively hot.  We caught up with old friends and made new ones at MOPS meetings.

So, with that, I ask for your best mom and baby bucket list items that I can check off in the next few weeks.  Got a day long Julia Child-esque recipe for me to attempt?  I'm game.  Know of an awesome little shop somewhere within an hour of Dallas that I need to check out?  Tell me about it.  Anything that I can do with a baby as a sidekick I am eager to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment